Selecting a home remodeling contractor is never as simple as picking the lowest-price.
Quality of work as well as what is included in the contract and what is not can vary substantially from contractor to contractor.
Homeowners should consider many things before selecting a
1. What kind of attention to detail and design does the contractor exhibit in his work?
2. Will he cut corners in areas that will affect the integrity of the job?
3. Will he use substandard or lower quality materials or products?
4. How well does he deal with changes as the job progresses?
5. Will he suggest changes to streamline the process, where applicable?
6. Will he accommodate your household needs during and after the remodel process?
7. Is the level of craftsmanship as originally represented?
8. Will he bring in subcontractors who don’t know how to do the work?
9. Is the owner of the company on the job every day?
10. Is he a licensed?